June 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home

And I'm not yet talking about Kansas.  Bubba, Jonah, and I recently loaded up and headed south to the sweetness of Oklahoma.  There were several reasons (as if we need to have one) for this trip, the first of which was to see my sister, Kelli, before she left for her fantastic 2-year journey to Guam, USA.  She and her new fiancée (yeah!) left almost two weeks ago for the sunny and humid beaches of the Pacific island.  We will certainly miss having her so close here in the states, but sure do hope that she and Chris will have a wonderful time!  You can follow her adventures at  http://kcbigadventures.blogspot.com/. Warning... you WILL be jealous! 


Our second task involved some much loved friends, a boat, and lots of sunscreen.  Once a year, we get together with our Fantasy Football Group to “celebrate” the Super Bowl.  This year’s festivities had to be postponed, however, until May when we could all meet up in Ponca for some boating and bar-b-q fun.  I love when we all get together. 
Congrats to Aaron, the victor! 

 A big Congrats! go to Katie and Paige also for completing their Doctorate and Masters!  
Dr. Katie Jones with Master Paige Corder



We, of course, couldn't go to Oklahoma without stopping to see the rest of our wonderful families.  Jonah and I were lucky enough to spend a week with my parents while I attempted to coordinate getting our plumbing fixed in our Stillwater house (that is a WHOLE other story).  I had very little success completing the plumbing problem and instead resigned to spending days sitting outside on Mom and Dad's new patio set, drinking lemonade, and watching Jonah entertain himself in the yard.  Quite a lazy, but glorious, way to spend a week, I must say.

By Friday, we were finally able to make it to OKC to see Mom G and Papa, though we didn’t get to stay long enough.  We had so much fun hanging out with Bubba’s family at a bar-b-q on Saturday, and getting to see Grandma Ahrend on Monday.  There was, of course, plenty of time spent relaxing outside watching Papa teach Jonah how to throw a ball over the house. Very funny!  See all our funny pics here! 





On our journey back to Kansas, we made a pit stop in Ponca once again to hang with my family.  My Aunt Kate and Uncle Steve were visiting from California so we got everyone together for a big cookout.  Check out the adorable little cousins!
Noah, Marin, and Jonah

Seeing all our family and friends over the past week made me miss living in Oklahoma even more than I already do!  It was a bittersweet drive back to KC, but nice to be back in my own bed!  Now we get to focus on getting ready for the new baby due to arrive in a few weeks! Can’t believe the little guy’s almost here!

Continue to pray for us as we always are praying for you!

XOXO- Jenna

1 comment:

Laurie Wedd said...

It was SO nice to have you here for the week. I miss you already!

Love, Mom W.